Friday, November 21, 2008

Forget Team Edward {and} Team Jacob!



OK - So I am entirely disappointed and therefore boycotting any team that is lead by bad-acting, less than attractive vampires or wolves. Honestly and truly the ONLY attractive actor in the movie is the guy who plays Tyler . . . and THIS is the only photo I could find with him - and I can't find his name on the cast list . . . whatever!

Last night at the 12:01 viewing of "Twilight" I had high hopes and even little giddy butterflies while waiting to be entertained and a little enchanted - NOPE! I felt like I was watching a Jr. High flick, you know the ones where they show horrible home-made movies with terrible line delivery and timing, the ones that promote self-esteem or proper hygiene. I kept looking at my friend Amber and had to stop halfway through because every time I looked at here, we'd start busting up and find it hard to stop. 

It's just so sad to me that they had the opportunity to make this a REALLY good film. What happened? You don't need the budget to make the lines decent and the delivery believeable. So - first I'm annoyed and disgusted with the ending to the saga in book 4 and now I find the movie so laughable it does NOT live up to it's promotions. 

I think I'm going to stop reading. And maybe going to movies, too. 

5 comments:

Dave and Holly said...

I saw the movie this afternoon with some friends and I have to agree...very disappointing!

The Weston's said...

BOOOOO! What are you talking about Buzz-kill?

Rachel said...

It was ok - I didn't hate it, but I didn't have huge expectations because I know the book is always so much better (and nobody compares to the beautiful Edward in my head). My favorite was Alice though - I loved the actress who played her. She was exactly how I pictured her and I thought she was darling. I had a blast going out with my girlfriends - so ANY excuse to do that and I'm happy! :)

Anonymous said...

I cried the whole movie. Me and my guy friends went and we were tickled pink that the movie was every bit as good reading the book 6 times each. My friends and I, between playing basketball and working, took a challenge to read each book as many times as possible. I'm leading with 6 and hope to hold my lead over the semi-femmy guys in the Huffman ward.

Anonymous said...

I liked it. I expected a teeny type movie and that is what it was. I do agree though. The girl that plays Bella is not a very good actress. She has the right look but that is about it. I will still see any other movies they make of the books. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
BTW...I loved book 3 and was too disappointed with book 4.

Miss you!