Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Last Minute's

This year December must have come in condensed - because before I realized what had happened, it was just a week and two days before Christmas. So I set aside impossible visions of doing the 12 Days of Christmas for someone (too late!) and focused on more pressing and achievable tasks. And amid caring for my kids and a few others, finishing the shopping both in person and online, and tending to menial household tasks (aside from laundry) I was able to do some FABULOUS "Last Minute's" - and do them, well . . . let's just say better than most planned and drawn out projects!
Last Minute Christmas Card:


Last Minute Primary Worker Gift:


Last Minute Friends & Neighbor cookies:


The best part is - I enjoyed it all SO much this year - I don't know how to fool myself into not seeing it all rushing at me again next year.

I got cards out in time for delivery before Christmas, made 22 gifts and threw in 6 more for family members, got all the cookies delivered before Christmas Eve, took in two ADORABLE kids Christmas Eve day and hosted Christmas dinner at our house.

I share this all not to brag, but to share that MIRACLES still DO happen. They happened in our home the week and two days before Christmas - and not for what was accomplished - but for my joy in doing it all!!!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

cherilynn said...

how did you make the primary worker gifts? they look beautiful.

TamTam said...

Loved and Enjoyed your card. Way to go Tonya, you always were the awesome celbrator...
I seem to recall a last minute surprise birthday party...
You have so much karma you can coast forever!