Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Night In Bethlehem

I love a good holiday party; music, white elephant gift exchange, Santa visit . . . It's all so fun and festive. But tonight our ward had a Night In Bethlehem. It was really wonderful. It made me sit back and think about what this is all really about.

All day I was worried about my heating system gone awry and getting 300 pitas sliced in half and opened and watched kids and chopped lettuce - and finally threw together some surprisingly good costumes.

Then I got the chance to serve up the chicken salad filled pitas and see almost every ward member - and enjoy the Nativity - and hear all the primary kids sing - and well, it was a peaceful, memorable night. I think my kids will remember this one.

It's truly a beautiful season. I am grateful for the freedom to celebrate the birth of the Savior of the world - and of me. I cherish the knowledge I have of what He did for me, for us. What He taught. How He served. What he sacrificed. What He overcame. And what He will do for me personally at that day when He stands to explain, judge, and ultimately defend me. I love Him.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

a special time indeed. you look fantastic in your outfits--you are so cretive