Friday, February 6, 2009

Bloggin' ain't like bike'n

You know the old phrase - just like riding a bike, right? Well - I have had moments of good blogging - and it's just not easy to get back there. I have no idea how to get back to good blogging. There's no time . . . no energy . . . no news . . . well - that's not entirely true - I'm just out of practice. Maybe it's more like playing the flute . . . I did get good at it in Jr High - but now the only thing I can do is the C scale . . .

ANYWAY - enough of my blogging philosophies - but I miss it - so I'm going to try harder.

Things are going well in the Kent household. That is - if we're not talking about Lego issues. Harrison is a Lego fiend - he's passionate about putting them together - not just the specific sets - but he's great at making his own creations - then there's Jack - who's Lego interest could not be more polar opposite. He LOVES pulling things apart - pulling all the itty bitty pieces off. You'd THINK that'd be a great combo - one loves to put together, one loves to take apart - BUT . . . it's more of a war zone when Harrison finds out Jack came across the latest creation. SO - I'm getting sick of being the Lego police. The only thing that keeps Harrison from slaughtering his brother is that I tell him we'll separate the Legos and they can only play with their own sets - that simmers things down a bit. He'd hate to loose access to Jack's sets.

Today I found Emery packing her play suitcases - she was on her way to Hawaii. Lucky girl. She's so darling - She's constantly giving me notes and cards - I just love her.

Jack's as far from being potty trained as he was at 18 months. Heaven help me!!! I've told him we'll buy a BIG Lego set for him when he's potty trained - but the other day as I'm cleaning up one of the WORST poopy's EVERY - he asks if he gets his big lego set now! WHAT!?!?!? Good thing the little guy's so darn cute.

Aidan's getting sassy - no more of this content and complacent baby - oh no . . . he's got the screeching and wailing down. But I've got two or three re-enactments from Baby Einstein movies that make him forget his woes and laugh.

And even with all the pulling out of my (recently going gray fast, by the way) hair - they are the cutest little people ever and make me smile every day. I love being their mom.

More crazy updates to come . . .

Pray that the Volcano doesn't erupt on us - love you all!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Glad to see you are doing so well.