Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Something to stir the pot:

So - I'm pro life. I just think there are too many alternatives to end the life of a baby before it's born. Starting with abstinence, but we won't get into that today. Then there's planning and protection and straight up responsibility . . . then there's adoption - to which I believe is the answer to a lot of prayers . . . our best friends have reveled in that blessing and seeing that first hand - it's hard to swallow the argument "Pro-choice" since in most cases those choices have landed one there in the first place! I do acknowledge that there are cases where a woman has NOT chosen the events leading up to conception - or where a woman has not chosen to sacrifice her life just to risk a possible sacrifice of her baby's as well. Yes, I acknowledge that there are a very small percentage of pregnancies that should end. But that decision should not be taken lightly . . . and the term "unwanted pregnancy" should explain it all . . . if it's so unwanted, steer clear of the situation . . . see my alternatives above . . . or think of your own!

I also believe we, as humans make mistakes - we are all flawed, so I'm not trying to point out those who believe in abortion to be evil - quite the contrary - I believe all lives to be of very high value . . . case in point -

Anyway, I didn't intend to be on this slippery soap box, however, the link below led me to post . . . If there were more "Abortion Survivors" to hear from . . . I think the world would start to take a different stand.

(Thanks to Ms. B for sending me the link!)

http://www.shininglamp.com/page2.html

1 comment:

Juannaelmi said...

So I tried to leave a comment before and something went awry. I really enjoyed this post and the video. I agree with you. Thank you for posting it.