Monday, March 31, 2008

35 years old?

Really? Is that how old I am today? Let's see . . . 1973, 83, 93, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 . . . yep - I'm 35. My lil' sis Taisley tells me today, "You're half-way to 40." Gasp . . . and I say, "No, hon . . . I'm HALF-WAY TO 70!!!" YIKES.

No - it's not so bad. I don't feel old. How can I with 4 young kids? Plus - people are always surprised by my age - since we got married and had kids a {little} later in life than friends our age - people think we're the typical age of Mormons that have kids the same ages as our kids. It works to our advantage.

So - here's a list of things that I'm most proud of up to 35 years old.
*Elementary School "Reflections" Writing Contest winner
*Voted into the top 10 in the running for Homecoming Queen after 2 months at Chaparral HS
*Superior rating at Solo & Ensemble for a solo I sang
*Made it in Honor and All State Choirs (both audition choirs)
*Spent my College years as a Resident Assistant then a Residence Director
*Served an LDS mission in Uruguay
*Married the most wonderful Idaho boy in the world (wouldn't matter what state - he's still the most wonderful!!!)
*Named Alaska's Weight Watchers Leader of the Year
*Delivered all 4 of my children without meds of any kind
*One of the 25 Most Meaningful Albums in the Chatterbox contest {2 years in a row}
*Bought a home bigger than our dreams sooner than we ever thought possible

Currently, I'm most likely found at home with my kids - I LOVE being a stay at home mom. There is no job that I've ever had or could even dream up that I'd love more than being here with  my kids. Other than that, I've got my own "scrap" room now and I spend some time in here working on projects for More Than A Memory - things that I create and display in order to try and "inspire" others. I also teach at least one class a month. I absolutely love making our memories into beautiful albums. It's an obsession that I may talk about quite often . . . besides my husband and children, it's my passion next in line. 

So between being a wife, mom, teacher and designer, I LOVE to find ways to make this new house our home. I've painted a few rooms and made some progress in filling the walls and windows. Some people wonder how I come up with those "extra" hours in the day . . . are you kidding? I WISH there were a few more hours in the day . . . maybe then I'd be a bit better at meal planning and consistent dusting - but we have to prioritize, right? 

All in all, I'm an extremely happy girl. I have a husband that is a dream. Sometimes I wonder how this happened that {I} got so lucky . . . not all of my friends are so lucky. He loves me so much and I am head over heels for him, too! I have 4 absolutely beautiful and wonderful kids. I have the ability & support to engulf myself in something I love doing - and feel justified because it's all memories we make as a family. We have family we feel close to even through the distance. I have a beautiful home - in a beautiful place. I have friends who care about me and take good care of me. We have a ward we consider family. What more could I ask for???

5 comments:

Run-alyn said...

HEY! You've updated! I love it! I have been checking your old blog every now and then.. and noticed you STILL have not updated! This way I can keep up with you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your day! I love reading up on ya!

Rachel said...

Hey girl, I'm so glad to see your update - your kids are gorgeous! It's so fun to catch up.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wasn't it just yesterday we were 17, visiting you in LV for spring break??? How did this happen!

The Weston's said...

Hey - from your sis that is an idoit and can't add! I know!!! 35 is half of 70, but i was thinking- from 30-40 years old 35 is half way right?
Either way you are 11 years older than me :) :) :)
Love you

Joe Belanger said...

Happy Birthday! Belated, as usual. Cheers and don't fall down and break a hip, old lady...

Andrés Pedrazzi said...

Tu eres y serás siempre maravillosa.-