Monday, March 31, 2008

Breaking the Silence Part II

EMERY:
This little beauty is almost 7 years old. I, for one, am glad to have another girl in the house. We have been doing a lot of "girl" outings lately. We love to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, Starbucks (for the white hot chocolate and baked goods of course!) and the place she asks to go to most of all is the scrapbook store. I design for the store (meaning I scrap & create stuff and display what I make) so she's ALWAYS up for a quick run there. Without fail she asks for "just one" piece of paper - then it usually blossoms into two, then three - and how can I say no when she's picked out beautifully coordinated patterns and colors all on her own??? I think I've created a monster!

Emery is one of the sweetest people I've ever known. At our Parent/Teacher conference last week, her teacher just kept repeating, "Emery is just a delight!" We're so proud of her. She makes friends easily and has an eye out for those who might be lonely. She has the greatest laugh - very contagious!

So her days are filled with a wide variety of activities - she's got her closet organized with glitter body spray, nail polish and make-up . . . but she can also be found playing Star Wars Wii with her brother . . . or toughing it out in the snow longer than him. She's not afraid of playing rough - and it usually bites her in the butt . . . literally. (She's more accident prone than anyone I've ever met!!!) She's a great helper in the kitchen for me, but due to her accident prone status, it always makes for an interesting event. We're into cinnamon rolls lately - between the baked goods and scrapbook supply purchases, we'll be poor and overweight in no time - but at least we'll have each other!

No comments: