Sunday, March 30, 2008

Breaking the Silence

Between a new baby in August, moving, holidays and life . . . we {that is - I} have neglected our blog - probably when it would serve it's purpose better than at any other time! How ironic. It'll take some time to get up to speed, and I may never be able to fill in all the gaps, but I'll do my best!

I'm starting fresh on our blog - mostly because our iweb was not as simple and basic to deal with - I'm hoping this is easier so I can do "quick" updates instead of dreading the time that would go into one little post. If you'd like to read previous blog entries - 
click on the "Our Family Website" link and it'll take you to our scaled-down version of our old site. I'd edited in hopes that it would speed up the blogging process, but in retrospect, I wish I hadn't - since I'm still starting over here. REGARDLESS, there are a handful of posts and our past couple years' in review.
I'll start by updating you on each of our kids . . . then move on from there.


HARRISON:
We had parent teacher conferences last week, and it calmed some of my own personal anxieties about the kids attending a new school. Harrison is not keen on change - (For YEARS after we sold our Passat, he'd mention how he missed that car.) So in the spirit of holding on to the familiar, he hadn't taken to the new environment nor his teacher like Emery had. Eme's so laid back and can go with the flow a lot easier. But both Dan and I felt more comfortable after meeting with his teacher. Another reason for our relief is that Harrison tested into the Ignite program because of his seriously advanced reading level. He'll be bussed to another school twice a week with other kids who are in the program. They will have more challenging curriculum, activities and topics. I think it will help him with the boredom factor that adds to his difficult transition.

Scouts has not only become an integral part of Harrison's week, but mine as well. Wish I'd paid more attention when I was stuck at my brother's pack meetings! I have to cheat off my neighbors when a cheer comes along. With three boys, I'm a bit fearful of all the scouting years ahead of me . . . I'm beginning to understand that they aren't kidding when they say the mothers earn the eagle!

Harrison's full-blown 8 years old. I just don't get it. Dan tells me it's "normal" but are you kidding me? Are they all this goofy? In all seriousness . . . he's a great kid - and we're really proud of him.

He just got a new bike . . . and since we live in THE most fabulous culdesac on the planet, it's gonna be a great summer. We also live next to an Alaskan "park" which pretty much means a completely wooded section of nature right in the middle of civilization. They're everywhere and we're lucky enough to have one right outside our door. That'll make for some great adventures. The kids have already found the path they take to get to school on the other side. He's gonna have a sweet childhood!

No comments: