Monday, March 31, 2008

Breaking the Silence Part III


















JACKSON:
Hmmmmmmm - where to begin? I'm exhausted just thinking about it. This little bug is running me into a frenzie! Since I got pregnant with Jackson, I felt like there was something special about him. I knew he would be my little buddy. When he was born, I was so enamored - enchanted - absolutely smitten! He was a GREAT sleeper. A happy little guy. A sweet baby. THEN . . . somehow when Aidan was born, this quiet, docile child turned into a tornado. His two-grunt vocabulary turned into more chattering than I can keep up with. His patience and gentility turned into hyper, crazy, hysterical Jack Jack!

It's not that I'm enamored any less - he still has me wrapped around his finger. But he makes for plenty of entertainment - and quite often a declaration of "What did we get ourselves into?" People love him - he's VERY social. And he comes up with honestly the most crazy things I've ever seen or heard. Yesterday after church he came up to me, pointed in his mouth and says (with a bit of a raspy voice), "My have a frog in my froat." Really? "Yep." Oh! "My O.K. now, my o.k." He's a favorite of both the Young Women AND Young Men in the ward. Some of the boys taught him early on to "pound" them . . . you know, pound the knuckles - and he thinks he's such a stud. And let me tell ya'! He's got the deepest-down-from-the-toes dino growl!

There's a lot of high-pitched squeals coming from this 2 1/2 year old. I was pulled aside by the nursery leader at church because apparently, I have a bully. But he's never got any mal intent. He's curious and emotional and just wants to play . . . and when he realized he's done something to hurt someone else, he's VERY remorseful - he says sorry a lot AND he means it! So now, every Sunday before Nursery he says, "No pushing, no hitting, no kicking." You'll never meet a sweeter tornado!!!

No comments: