Friday, March 27, 2009

I should be in Vegas!


Yep - Dan and I should be enjoying a much warmer climate and hotter night life! We were scheduled to be in Vegas by this morning . . . but funny thing happened . . . this little wart on the planet called Mount Redoubt decided to finally send a bit 'o ash our way - we've been warned for well over a month that the volcano could blow . . . and so far all activity has kept the ash away from Anchorage and the flight paths . . . until now . . . flights have been cancelled for two days straight. We've been checking both flight and ash status and been on a number of wait lists that desolve with the cancellation or delay of yet another flight . . . we ARE booked solid for a flight that leaves Monday around 1 am and our return flight on Monday around 4 seems to be fine as well . . . just enough time for Dan to hit 9 holes - pending highway traffic, of course! So - our get-away weekend is squashed and my beautiful pedicure will only be seen in the shower - when I'm not wearing thick winter socks. It's been snowing all day - makes this wound sting of lemon juice!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry about your canceled travel plans my friends. I have to admit with some measure of guilt however that we enjoyed stealing your babysitter while we spend the night relaxing at the Alyeska resort.
I hope you get to reschedule soon. Love you.