Friday, March 13, 2009

So last week Emery was "shoveling" and Jack ended up rushing in the house blood and tear-stained . . . no stitches needed, but some sweet looking "Indiana Jones-esque" injury to show for it - I dunno - the kids came up with that to help him feel like a man, I guess = anyway, that was last week and the bandage is almost gone after multiple trimmings of loose ends - so today he knocks his head on a door knob and comes in to me crying . . . and because I'm always the most compassionate, kind and forever tender mom (insert sarchasm) I let him up on my lap while working at the computer and start humming a Bugs Life song and thumping my hand (lightly) to the beat on his back . . . which leads to his comment, "that's not gonna make my owie feel any better!" Oh he's so darned cute. The things he comes up with - the wisdom in that little 3 1/2 year old is mind-boggling. On a better note - there's progress in the potty training area. Still in pull-ups - which I used to swear I'd never use . . . but he's dry 99% of the time - a very rare wet accident and a little more common messy accident - but hey, it's progress . . . the kid's just got too much else he's excelling at to be great in this area as well (I'm good w/ sarchasm, right?)

No comments: