Friday, September 10, 2010

Before & After







When I was a little girl, I had the immense blessing and pleasure of living near both sets of grandparents. My Grandpa Forsberg was an amazing woodworker and I've had this adorable little rocking chair since I was very little. Unfortunately it saw a bit of wear. My sweet dear husband secretively sent it to a friend's for repair. Sadly, about 3 years later I start asking where my rocking chair is (almost frantically) - so he brought it home, without repair. I know how that goes, things get put on the back burner, right.

So - in trying to find a solution, I go to a few furniture/antique repair shops - just to find out that it's not an open industry. You have to call and set up times to meet up - so I decide to try other means. My BIL sends a link to some DIY site and I start figuring out how to repair it myself.

A couple set-backs and some lessons learned, and I have a beautiful chair once again.

Makes me miss my grandpa!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Denise said...

Good job with the chair - it's beautiful.
P.S. I look at your blog often. Thanks for letting me keep up with a little bit of your experiences.