Monday, September 13, 2010

Oso (Bear)

Got a recorded message from our principal tonight. Apparently there was a big brown bear just about a block away this morning and went into the woods between our house and the school.

The kids said a teacher was out on their path just into the woods on the school side. She asked (very non-chalantly) if they'd seen any wildlife this morning. They thought it was weird that a teacher was hanging out there. Not so strange now that we know why. They did give the kids a couple updates throughout the day.

Not to worry, the kids told me the cops came and scared it away. Problem is - If they scare it AWAY from the school, they very likely scare it TOWARDS our house. I'm not sure I wanna let my little morsel children outside. Ever.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

The Weston's said...

We were just talking about Bears and Alaska at our Ward Campout last weekend- too bad I didn't have this story to tell.... geeze! Keep em in!