Friday, October 15, 2010

My amazing husband . . .

So the man that gives me perpetual butterflies turns old today. As old as me. And here he is . . . out fixing our mailbox. A friend of ours backed into it today and totally took it out. I hope she doesn't feel bad for more than a second because I just keep laughing every time I think about it. (Harrison keeps commenting that I must be in a good mood today - I am, but it's also just one of those things that hit me more funny than upset.) So I knew he could and would fix it - however, I was a bit concerned about: 1-what the mailman would do with our mail today and 2- what it would look like once he fixed it.

No need to worry because the minute Dan got home he went out and started working on it - and then when I went out there to see his progress, the wood matched perfectly, its more sturdy and it looks better than it did before.

Then - as Dan's finishing the last screws, the mailman pulls up and Dan opens the mailbox door for him.



He's such a good guy!! I honestly don't know how I got so lucky!!

And these kinds of things aren't even the top reasons I love him - he's forgiving and supportive. He's kind and considerate. He's a gentleman and confidant. He's dedicated and compassionate. He's fun and real. He's plain amazing!! So these kinds of things (like fixing the mailbox) are just icing on the cake!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: