Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Advice anyone???

Oh, I'm SO not foolin' w/ you today - these are really my fingers. I have the worst and most persistent cracks this year than ever . . . probably because I'm always handling paper - and working more w/ my hands - sometimes 7 out of my 10 fingers are throbbing with open cracks - that's when the slightest bump makes me want to cry - OWCH!

I've spent most nights slathered in lotion or cream with socks on my hands - I've tried to wrap them strategically with waterproof bandages - up to 3 per finger sometimes . . . just for a little crack!!! Still - no luck!

So - anyone have any remedies? And any suggestion on how to prevent it???

7 comments:

Run-alyn said...

let me know when you find the remedy!! I seriously thought those were my hands there.. and the worst part.. they keep splitting open no matter what!! Yikes! I've been using finger bandaids.. with neosporin in there.. the wound closes quicker.. but a quick fix not a remedy!

The Weston's said...

ohhh honey! I am so sorry- Warren gets those too- I think you already use that Cedphil? or whatever it is called right? That's what i would suggest. uhhh. I hate that - Just see them as the proud fingers of a busy business owner :)

Juannaelmi said...

One of my friends would put olive oil in her rubber gloves and then(obviously with your hands in the gloves) she would put her gloved hands in really hot water for as long as she could.
Good luck, that looks miserable.

Lisa said...

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream for extremely dry skin.

It can "cure" dry knuckles almost instantly. It's not quite that good with cracked fingertips, but if you take the time to rub it in BEFORE the cracks show up, it can make a major difference.

It is SO worth the hassle of ordering from an Avon lady. We go through several tubes each winter.

Anonymous said...

I've suffered from this condition until I started using Bagbalm an utter cream ointment for cows found at any coop store or livestock feed is sold

**sheepishly says the random blog surfer

Jenny said...

super glue! Helps once you have them, I have tried above mentioned and they seem to help too. Nothing seems to prevent the cracks at least for me! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Change the soap to watch dishes! it help me alot! i use method product and a Hamp cream from the body shop!