Saturday, September 27, 2008

Eme's Room



So one of the things that kept me so busy a couple weeks ago was re-doing Emery's room. It was this horrid blue - including the ceiling. So I painted the ceiling white and the walls a light pinkish purple-ish, changed the light fixture, (Dan thinks it's weird to have a chandelier in a bedroom - but I think it's way too cute - and I would have loved a light like that when I was a little girl!!! plus, I really, really, really hate those typical bedroom lights - don't like their shape!), I made valances, we finally got a bed, (she's literally been on a  mattress on the floor for most of her life!) and added some accents we have been accumulating - I made the decorated canvas about a year and a half ago - and the photo is on magnets so I can change it out as she gets older. The quilt I made a few years back without a pattern and a lot of stress. Her headboard is really a little doll house - and even though I thought she'd fill it with animals and cutesie things - she's put in all her doll house furniture. There's a mirror we got from Southern Home Living on the wall you can't see - it's really cute and hangs at her height above a little end table that's part of the bedroom set. 

So, needless to say, I love the room - oh, and she does, too. I guess it's more of my childhood fantasy room, but I love being able to give my little girl a sweet, girlie, cute room. We've got so many males around here - and not a lot of opportunity to feminize the house! I added a couple of pillows I found today and I'm sure I'll be adding tidbits here and there. Man, she's spoiled!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a cute little girl room. I love the picket fence and doll house! You have a gift, that quilt is amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a neat and tidy room - she should be proud of it. And I love the doll house as a headboard.