Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Book


I've been in a book club for a few years now - and this past week we reviewed "Three Cups of Tea" for our September book. It's a true story of one man who is combating terrorism in his own way - building one school at a time. His first school completed was in the little village of Korphe in Pakistan. The book tells of how this change in his life plan came about and how he got there . . . it's a fabulous story. Truth is, the actual book was hard for me to get through though. Some days I really had to MAKE myself pick it up again - but by the time I finished it, I was REALLY glad I had read it. It's amazing what this man has done. And it's amazing to me how far a small donation to this cause goes. SO - if you've ever asked yourself, "What can I do to make a difference in this world?" Read this book and/or go to this website and donate.

No comments: