Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The KITE RUNNER made me weep!

Kite Runner, The | Quicktime - Trailer | Moviecentre.net

Posted using ShareThis

Me: "I don't think I've wept like that in a movie in a long time."

Dan: "Ever!"

Me: "I've never wept like that in a movie?"

Dan: "Never."

I can't tell you how glad I am that I didn't read it. I probably would have been in broken spirits the entire time while reading it. Man - it was good - and so very disturbing. I just feel this horrible sadness for people living in places plagued by oppression and hate and corruption. Sure people argue that although it's sad - they don't know what life is like anywhere else. And I guess I do agree to a very slight degree - but honestly and truly . . . when something morally wrong is happening to them, when someone violates another human being, when a person is oppressed - they KNOW it's wrong. They know that something is not right with it - they know that what's happening to them just shouldn't be happening.
So yes, I wept . . . 


I cried pretty hard in HOTEL RWANDA
I cried pretty hard in SCHINDLER'S LIST

But nothing like the weeping during and for quite a while after THE KITE RUNNER.

2 comments:

The Weston's said...

I bawled too! like a baby. I watched this all by myself while one of the first nights that Warren was away. What was i thinking! It was so sad. Good thinking movie though.

Kristi said...

I watched it by myself a few months ago. After it was over I just sat motionless in the dark for sometime. Disturbed isn't the right word, the story almost tore my heart out!