Monday, September 8, 2008

Summing up a week

So it's been a few days since I posted . . . not sure why - but maybe it has to do with the internal reflection I've been experiencing. When that happens, I don't usually tell people about what's going on in my head - so I guess that bled over into my blogging . . . but to satisfy my continued desire to document my life - and to pacify those who have mentioned that I've not posted in 5 days - here is a quick recap of this past week.

Monday, Sept 1: Labor day - Emery and I bought her a bed - poor little lady has been on a mattress on the floor almost her entire life. (The bed should be here in another week or so) We went to see "Kung-fu Panda" and everyone enjoyed - that evening we had a bbq at our friends' the Hutchings'.

Tuesday, Sept 2: back to school routine. Worked on my to-do list of appointments to make. That night I met some girlfriends for a birthday party at a sushi restaurant, and although I don't eat anything identified as or related to fish, it was a lot of fun.

Wednesday, Sept 3: Emery goes to piano and begins to enjoy it again due to her father's willingness to practice with her - I love that they have that time together.

Thursday, Sept 4: There's a ward Pine-wood derby activity, but for some reason I'm not in the mood to go so Harrison and I stay home - 

Friday, Sept 5: I attend a "Time Out For Women" with some girlfriends - not excited about going in the couple hours leading up to it - but glad I went. Especially cuz  we went to Red Robin afterward and I got the fries I was craving.

Saturday, Sept 6: Attend the second day of TOFW and really enjoyed it. I re--evaluated my priorities and my actions, re--aligned my spirit, re--connected with friends. Good times.

Sunday, Sept 7: Actually shared my testimony in Sacrament Meeting - haven't done that in a while . . . but had something I had to say. Taught a great primary lesson to my class of 8-11 year olds. Made a HUGE chef's salad for Dan and I - but found the kids loved it . . . made cookies . . . had a great family day.

Monday, Sept 8: Working on my Scrapbook class I have scheduled for Saturday. Actually feeling creative again . . . 

Add probably a total of 15 loads of laundry in the past week, 15 sack lunches prepared, 4-5 big meals prepared, 5 or 6 loads in the dishwasher, and as many hugs and kisses as I could share . . . and it's been a busy week. It's funny how sometimes Dan comes home and asks me what I did that day . . . I can't think of what to tell him . . . but I am so exhausted most of those days that I just KNOW I did so much that my brain's fried. 

It's been a strange week. Lots of introspection. Lots of self-doubt. Lots of hope. Lots of family love. Lots of gratitude for my life.

1 comment:

The Weston's said...

BTW- I think you should try sushi- I love love love it lately.