Monday, September 1, 2008

I've rubbed shoulders with the Vice Presidential Candidate


Well, actually, she just rubbed my shoulder once. Just over a year ago Dan and I were at a Native fundraising event that Governor Palin also attended. I really wanted to meet her that night because she seemed so approachable . . . and even though I have reason NOT to like her (my husband told his brother during the Gubernatorial election that, "I'm voting for the hot chick.") . . . I can't not like her - she seems like someone I'd just like to hang out with.

So there I am, wanting to meet her . . . but about 8 huge months pregnant - and at that point, there's NO sense of self-confidence, right. So I didn't approach her. We were sitting down eating during the auction and Governor Palin is exiting the event - passes by our table, we make eye contact and smile - she rubs my shoulder and asks, "Hi, how are you?" "Fine, thanks." I say and she goes on out. Now - I don't know why she singled me out - why she acknowledged me - maybe it's because I was gigantor pregnant at the time - and she was expecting . . . although NO ONE knew that at the time. So - maybe she had pregnancy on her mind and felt a connection. Who knows - but it was kinda cool.

Now that she is McCain's running mate - it's even more cool. I am pretty impressed with McCain's choice - although totally surprised - she really is a great strategic running mate. There are a lot of reasons she's going to be great competition. I'm excited to see this race.

No comments: