Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Mommy, I eat myself!"


So last night - like many nights, Jack is doing whatever he can to avoid going to sleep. It didn't help that he actually took a nap yesterday - yes, a NAP! Whew! So needless to say, he wasn't drop down tired when bedtime came . . . so he took to his normal fidgeting in bed - which means he was picking at his nails and skin around them. He's come to me a few nights with a nail hanging on by it's last life and had me pull it off quick and painless - but last night he comes down and says, "Mommy, I eat myself!" and since I understand Jack's vocabulary doesn't involve proper use of the past tense, I ask what part of himself he ate. He shows me his thumb - with a huge chunk of missing skin. Guess just picking at it this time wasn't doing the job - he had to involve his teeth and I couldn't help but laugh that he chose those words to describe it. Little bit of love, a dab of neosporin and a band-aid is all it took to help the little cutie back in bed. 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

my oldest child has a serious oral habit. I ride her about it all the time because it drive me absolutely bonkers. Which only perpetuates the problem. If you come up with a good solution, blog it!