Monday, October 13, 2008

Bull's Eye!!!


Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!

I know it's silly, but I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas. We now have a Target. I made my second trip there today - and it only "officially" opened yesterday. No - I didn't go on Sunday - but I went on Thursday - the day after the "unofficial" opening. And I have to say that I felt for the brief time I was in there that I was in the lower 48. {A term we use to describe the 48 states that are down there - all mushed together in the same land mass . . . Alaska and Hawaii are not part of that 48 - thus the term} ANYWAY - I felt normal. That's not to say that I don't feel normal up here. Hmmmmm - how else can I put this? I no longer felt deprived - maybe that's it. For as long as we've been up here in the Last Frontier {yet another term . . . hey, what can I say, we have a long winter to huddle inside and think up new and interesting terms to describe things! Haven't you heard how many words the Alaska Natives have for snow??? Look that one up!} ANYWAY - Since living up here in the last state admitted into the United States of America, I've felt like we lack quite a bit of commerce. But in these last 7 years we've managed to get an increasing amount of national chain stores. We now have a couple Bed, Bath & Beyond's, a Best Buy, upgraded Michael's and JoAnn stores, and more. So now that we have a Target - I just can't complain. This is the store I always wanted. When any other store was announced to come in, we'd say, "Yeah, but I wish it were a Target." "Oh, I wish Target would come up here." Target Target Target. So now our wishes have been granted. We are no longer deprived. Although because of crazy Union issues - they couldn't make it a Super Target - now that would be heaven! Oh - by the way, another Target is being built even closer than the current one that's only about 20 miles away! 

2 comments:

Juannaelmi said...

Very, Very exciting!!

The Weston's said...

:) yeah for Target!!
Did Palin get you that too??
ha ha ha
Just kidding
:)