Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Love!


Photo by Ronalyn Barut 9-19-08

Happy Birthday to my best friend. You're old now - as old as me! And I want you to know how much I love being your wife. I'm still head over heels - and grateful every day that I am the one you want to spend forever with. I've got a list of blessings so long I could never be able to list them - so here are just a few . . . 

*Although it's true that you're a guy . . . in that realm, you are the best communicator I know! I'm so grateful to be able to talk . . . about everything and anything! I've never felt afraid, or that certain topics are off limits - you let me speak my mind (even when it's slightly swayed by emotions) and you always try to decipher my girl-code. Most chicks I know just aren't that lucky!

*You not only let me be me . . . you love me.

*Tenth anniversary ring . . . 'nuff said!

*You're not a big forgiver (in a good way!) . . . that's because you don't let your feelings get to the point where you have to forgive me . . . you don't get mad at me and you never hold a grudge. I wanna be more like that, so you don't see me angry - workin' on it dear!

*You keep the OCD, stress-case, orderly, uptight me to a minimum. Really - where would I be without you???

*You're taking me to Hawaii in a few weeks! {without any little people of our genetic mix!}

*You're a great partner in every aspect of life . . . as parents, as budgeters, as decision makers, as disciplinarians, as entertainment seekers, as dinner eater outers, as mac enjoyers, as interests supporters, as life balancers, as letting each other be and do what we want-ers. You get the idea!

I love you loads - and hope you have a great birthday - request for your favorite better-than-any-you've ever tasted creamy chicken enchiladas granted! I'd suspend my diet for you anytime. (Hmmmmmm I think I just stumbled on a personal a-ha moment!!! Maybe that's why I'm just not back in my smallest jeans!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

Run-alyn said...

Happy Birthday Dan!!!

Enjoy your day.. you love birds!

Let me know when you want the next photos done? :)

The Weston's said...

"without any little people of our genetic mix" ??? be careful out in Hawaii, or you WILL have a little genetic mix goin on- if ya know what i mean :)