Friday, October 17, 2008

Like Mother Like Son


I have a horrible memory - I really can't remember much from my school days or even Jr. High days . . . but once in a while I'll have an experience that will trigger a memory - this was one of those moments.

I remember back when I was about 8 or 9 - I was in my friend, Jodie Cushing's basement - she had the "Grease" record and we'd play our favorite songs over and over while singing to them. Well - fast forward 26 or so years and here's my son, with his little buddy, listening to the "Star Wars" theme and "singing" along - I got caught taping so the entertainment ended, but I wish I could have gotten the more dramatic re-enactments and the more energetic display of their musical experience. It's hilarious to me - that these boys have their own method of "singing along." Check out the goggles and fedora . . . and they both had weapons - 

So back when I was doing my impression of Sandy - and singing to my make-believe Danny, I would NEVER have thought some of the boys in my class were putting on their own music and grooving to it. Just makes me realize that although there are huge differences between the sexes, there are, in fact, some things that are universal - although in application we display them slightly different.

2 comments:

The Weston's said...

I am an idiot- I came on here to chastise you for not updating your blog in forever, and that you were almost to the bottom of my list~ I missed reading about you! and then i realized that something was fishy~ i forgot you changed your address! uhhh. so much to catch up on- must back track now.

The Weston's said...

lol~ that is AWESOME.