Thursday, October 30, 2008

You just know . . . you know!

So last night I got to see a brand new 4 day old sweet baby boy. My friend Michelle had her third boy - Graham. He was so tiny and wrinkly and cute!!! My sister in law Megan just had their second child - a brother to Gwen, and he's just as squishy cute!

So . . . how do you know when you're done having kids??? You just know. I never understood that when people told me. I couldn't fathom having that sure, undeniable knowledge that there wasn't another little one waiting to come to our home. But it's different when I see a newborn now. Just different. I don't have that "next time" feeling. Or a longing. Or wonder. I just know.

So although they are still beautiful and tug at my heart strings - although they are just so darn squishy and tiny and lovey . . . I am calm and peaceful in the knowledge that I will never have another newborn myself. It's not only made me change my perspective on us being a "complete" family . . . but it's also made me focus more on the stages of my older kids. Knowing that I have overflowing blessings from four little people with whom I am lucky enough to experience their childhood. I'm not waiting for another family member - it just feels . . . complete. I love that feeling!

1 comment:

The Weston's said...

you just know... you know! {that you need a 4th :) }