Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Curse the technology of treads!

I'm sure someone is really proud of them-self! Proud that he or she has made it possible for kids' shoes to have intricate designs in the sole so the kid can stop short while doing ladders in gym class. 

Today - I am not so proud of that person! I finally cleaned the poop from Harrison's shoes - 3 sets of surgical gloves, one knife, one vegetable brush (now in the trash), one Mr. Clean eraser and half a container of disinfectant wipes later - the shoes are clean and hanging out on the dryer pending moisture evaporation. 

I tell ya' - I just couldn't throw them away. Not now - not while I'm spending way too much money on school supplies, new gym shoes, new school clothes . . . one pair of shoes that still fit and are in good shape are far too valuable to throw out over a coat of poop. But as you can see . . . it took me TWO WEEKS to build up the umph to clean 'em off. I worried that the stench would be so soaked in I'd never get it out . . . fortunately, they are more than 8 yr-old boy worthy. But heaven help me if I ever meet the person who thought, "hey, it'd be a great idea to make pin-sized shapes a quarter of an inch deep on the sole of shoes . . . just big enough to let anything gross squeeze in and not big enough to allow anything to come out." They'd be in for a fight.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Be Careful, your entering the Clean Freak Zone. First the shoes, next the baseboards, before you know what hit you it's on to the lint screen. Me and Magic Eraser are one.