Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ever have a stray bruise?

I hope I'm not the only one who experiences shock and bewilderment when happening across an unexplainable contusion. I do it all the time - mostly I think I really bruise easily - mix that with a head full of appointments, stains to clear up, dishes to scrub, kids to keep track of and bills to stamp and get in the mail - and you can see my issue - I can't possibly keep up with every bump to every body part. So I take it as pretty typical - however . . . 

The other day I'm on the phone with a really cute friend {hi friend!} and because I'm on the floor playing with Aidan, I actually have a visual on my toes - 

let me back up . . . a week or so ago I finally took the polish off my toenails and notice one of them is pretty black & blue . . . so I start filing through the last month or so in my head - trying to pin down a bump so painful that it causes my toenail to discolor! 

So - back to the other day on the phone - I check up on my unknown injury and realize it's not just discolored, it's suffering death of the grossest kind! It's seriously going to FALL OUT! EEEEWWWWWWW! I know - just yuck. Aren't you glad I didn't post the photo - yes - I DID take one!

So in all my quandary - it takes me a good week, if not more, to remember how on earth I could have hurt my toe THAT bad . . . 

I was going into our sauna to weigh myself {with the cost of utilities these days, we'd much rather use the sauna for a private weigh-in facility!} and totally stubbed my toe on the corner of the door - while simultaneously crushing it under the door. Now - how could I forget a pain like that? I've been thinking I'm pretty flakey - until Sunday - the day the nail finally comes off - and I mention it to our friends - and Vickie, bless her heart - tells me the same thing happened to her. I can't tell you the relief I feel to know that someone else has gone so far as to lose memory of a horribly painful injury that causes the loss of a nail. Thanks Vickie for making me feel less crazy!

2 comments:

Run-alyn said...

ha ha! I'm a very visual person Tonya.. so thank you for that! I'm surprised there is no picture.
-your cute friend :) well at least i think it is? :)

Rachel said...

I bruise way too easy too! I have a huge purple-blue (almost black) bruise on my left thigh. No idea how that one happened. And it hurts to touch it, so I know the intial impact must have been pretty good. And... we are going to Lake Powell this week - won't that look pretty in a swimsuit!