Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Make Way For The King!!!

My little Aidan-man turned one on the 2nd. I can hardly believe it! He's such a sweet and loving little guy. His face just lights up when someone looks at him - really looks at him, with eye contact and kind expressions. He is a happy rolly-polly who just wants to be around his brothers and sister - or mommy and daddy. He's just so much fun to have in our family.

So the morning of his birthday, I hear the kids coming closer as their chant raises in volume. They are repeating, "Make way for the king." over and over again. I was doing my hair and makeup and didn't think much of it until I turn around and there they all are - in some kind of processional - declaring Aidan the king for the day - treating him like royalty and humbly taking on their roll as servants. Why can't they think of things like that on MY birthday? Oh - probably because I wouldn't possibly fit in that little bin!


The following day we celebrated with big, oversized iced cupcakes. No one could finish an entire one . . . but as you can tell - Aidan really enjoyed trying! Isn't he precious???



1 comment:

The Weston's said...

in between my excitement of Breaking Dawn I DID think of Aiden - Happy Birthday :)