Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Final Scene First Kisses"

The other night I watched "Penelope" after the kids had gone to sleep and Dan was out of town for the night. As of late I just don't watch TV or search out entertainment news. I didn't know anything about this movie - only that a few people I know have seen it and loved it. 

It was such a great  movie!!! LOVE James McAvoy! He's so darn cute. . . . as long as I don't think of him in Narnia with his freaky half-human/half-goat-ness. Ew. Anyway - when he's not a half goat he's a pretty hot guy. I absolutely LOVED the movie - and thought Penelope was even cute w/ her original nose . . . 

I loved that my kids saw it w/ Dad for Family Home Evening (I had a baby shower to go to) and they discussed it afterward w/ what Dan says were all the right things to get from it. What a great movie!
One of my favorite parts is the final scene first kiss - I had to re-watch it like 5 times. It was so great! And it got me thinking of other movies w/ that final scene first kiss . . . now, I don't have the best memory - so I checked a couple of my favorites out to find either it wasn't the first kiss - or the first kiss wasn't the final scene . . . so I had to really  narrow down my favorites - so if you have one - share it with me!

Didn't see that one coming!!! But it was such a good scene . . . 
"When was the last time you were really kissed, I mean really good and kissed?" or something like that . . . 
"Dave Gamilguard, New Year's Eve, '61"
"Ok then . . . "
SMOOCHES - I just think it's sweet!


So I think this has to be THE best final scene AND first kiss ever in a movie - and to combine them was just ingenious. That whole ending scene is great - I get teary-eyed every time . . . when the clock runs down and he's not there . . . and she drops the mic - and see . . . I'm getting verclemped just thinking about it. But then he's there, and she's fighting back the tears and the stadiums like, ohhhhh . . . then uuuuuhhhhhhh? then Ahhhhh . . . and he comes onto the field and approaches her with determination - yes, determination . . . and takes her in his arms and plants one on her. The world goes spinning and ahhhhhh - such a great scene.

What are your favorite final scene first kisses?

No comments: