Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Working!



So I dunno why I feel this way - after losing 40+ lbs the first time - then losing the weight after Jack and throw in being a WW leader for almost 5 years - but I still feel amazed when I realize it's working!!!

I've been working my butt off (literally!) and have been so careful in watching what I eat - working out every day {except Sunday of course!} and have had this system posted up on my bathroom mirror - my progress. Thanks to PhotoShop you don't know the actual numbers unless you are one of the few people I have been showing my house to and forgot that they are posted up there for people to see - more motivation, I guess. But to be honest - it HAS helped.

Then the other day I decide to do a quick check on my jeans - you know - THE JEANS - the ones you are working to get back into. The ones you loved to wear, the ones you felt good in and knew you looked good in, too. So - drum roll ............................ I tried 'em on - zipped 'em, snapped 'em and ran {stiffly} downstairs to show Dan. They were a bit tight - but I got in 'em. I wore them for about a half hour then went to change because I started feeling nauseated and ready to vomit . . . but hey . . . I got in 'em. Those are the moments you feel are worth it - and they still surprise me . . . 

I am still amazed I guess, because I have spent my whole life battling weight and never finding a cure - and when I follow Weight Watchers, it works . . . still takes me a bit by surprise!

So - 7 more lbs to go - those jeans are going to look GOOOOOOOD!!! And Hawaii - here I come!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You are an inspiration! I haven't the same struggle but I struggle just the same. You motivate me by your excitement, determination, and drive. Great JOB!! Any tips on getting kids dressed in a timely manner without violence?

The Weston's said...

:) :) :) :) :) :)
so happy for you. and i LOVE that jeans moment. Still a little stiff in mine- but yeah- it's just nice to get them on. You were my inspiration- so thanks. and i know you will get where you want to be.

Rachel said...

Yay!!!! I am still so UNmotivated, but determined by the end of the year - I am going to lose it (or die trying)!!!

dulce Rodgers said...

You go girl you can do it!!! I'm pulling for you;)