Saturday, May 17, 2008

Let's Be Fair~

{Yet another photo to try and motivate me in my weight loss battle!)

So a few days back I posted all those things that are inhibiting my weight loss . . . so in all fairness, I have to post the top 10 things that help me when I'm in the healthy, weight-loss mode. And maybe this will help keep me accountable and on track for a few days - maybe even a week!

10. Subway - thank goodness there is a healthy fast-food option for those times when I am stumped for dinner and can't get myself to cross the golden arches! Leave out the cheese - can't taste it anyway. Add as many veggies as you can. And add that sweet onion sauce or regular mustard, and you can't feel at all guilty - unless you add a bag of chips!
9. Salads - I guess it's a given, but I went on a search for the perfect "salad bowl" - something big enough to hold a "MEAL-size" salad and shallow enough to satisfy my ergonomic needs while eating. I found some at Costco and almost ever day I have a salad for lunch. Lettuce, grape tomatoes, 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, cucumbers, peppers, sometimes cheese, and light ranch.
8. Light Ranch - Thank you Hidden Valley AND Costco!!! We can now get HV light ranch right there at Costco - and stick it in the cart next to the Spanky Whatermiers. Fat free ranch is just wrong - it's gross - I've tried to find a brand I liked and couldn't. But I'd take the light ranch over the full fat version even if I didn't feel like I had to!
7. Caffein-free Diet Pepsi - It's my favorite caffein-free diet soda brand available. I sure wish I could get CFD Dr. Pepper up here. I could for a while, but they stopped carrying it. I know the carbonation isn't good for me - but it's 0 calories and very helpful to curb a craving for something that is MUCH worse for me.
6. Extra Gum - thought I was addicted back in High School - not as much as I am now! When my mouth wants to move . . . I grab some.
5. Light Whip Cream - I know, I know . . . it's on the bad list, too. But I tell ya' - when I've got my game on - I want that light whip cream playing right along with me. It's creamy and tastes naughty for less calories than all the other creamy things that could get me in trouble.
4. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches - They're big and really good! I prefer the mint flavor - but adore Vanilla as well - no chocolate for me, thanks!
3. 94% Fat Free Popcorn - When I was a WW leader, there was a perpetual popcorn debate - how many points for the entire bag? I don't know that I ever found the true answer, but sometimes it's about QUANTITY - and popcorn gives me a lot of chew time for less calories.
2. Water - yep - a secret weapon. The other night, when I am usually fighting the urge to rip through the cupboards, I had no desire to snack - I realized it was because I had been drinking LOTS of water in the few hours before. Sometimes when we think we're hungry, it's really because we're dehydrated.
1. Genetically Altered WW Smoothies - So Weight Watchers sells these powdered smoothies - and the one that I can take is Vanilla. I can't drink it alone. But if I add partially frozen strawberries, peaches and/or mango - it's fabulous. It makes a LOT for one serving and keeps me satisfied for a LONG time . . . long enough for me to make a beautiful salad for lunch and top it off with a diet soda.
Anyone have great low-fat, low-calories diet helps???

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I adore Skinny Cows. Someone needs to give the creator of those a medal.

I need to eat more salad. I always like them so I don't know why I don't include them more in my diet.

Thanks for the tips!!!!