Sunday, May 18, 2008

Narnia

So Friday night Dan and I went on a double date. Not our typical double with the Westerns or the Barbachanos or the Hutchings . . . or any of the other couples we've hung out with - but with a little man named Harrison and a little lady named Emery. I think that I was the one most excited to go. That's because we got a babysitter for the younger two and were able to go out with our older kids alone. How great is that??? We need to do it more often. It was easy, fun, and I didn't have to change one dirty diaper!

I really liked the movie . . . part of it had to do with the company . . . because for once in a long time, I was able to WATCH the movie, and enjoy it - WITH my kids . . . usually I have other things {the other kids} on my mind, like making sure Jack stays in his seat without kicking the head off the person in front of him, or wondering when I'll have to take out a fussy Aidan. Nope, I just watched, enjoyed and shared the moment with the other two kids. So fun.

What I liked about the actual movie??? Well . . . lots of action. A {touch} of romance. Hidden morals. Mercy. Forgiveness. Love. Plus, it had a couple "girl power" moments . . . leave it to C.S. Lewis and the modern screenplay writers - much credit to them.

I'd definitely watch it again . . . especially because my kids are already asking me when they can see it again or if we're going to get the DVD when it comes out. I'd give the night a 10!

3 comments:

The Weston's said...

That's so fun- it's been so long since i've read the books- we too had a double date last night + 1- We took the 2 older boys and grandpa to Lagoon for the evening- It's the first time that i've left Sawyer, but he did really well with the milk i left for him- :)

dulce Rodgers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Run-alyn said...

phew this is my third attempt at commenting :) LOL!

First one I was logged in as Dulce
(she gave me her info to help with her blog)
Then I changed my Blogger name and it dissapeared.. my comment that is

Like I was saying (2 posts ago)
that going out with the older ones is fun! You should do it more often!
We love narnia and can't wait to see it.. I had no idea it was out already!!!

Okay Tonya..I'm sure I said more.. but this is my third time :) this better go through!