Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Top 10

I hope everyone out there is having a great mothers' day - we're having a pretty good one here. I got a single ticket to the Trace Adkins concert coming up in a couple weeks - and got the news that about 4 or 5 of my girlfriends also got a ticket - our husbands set up a girl's night! How cool is that?????? (Major kudos on that gift!) I also got breakfast in bed and countless beautifully homemade cards and letters.
 Dan had to speak in church today and it was a fabulous talk. He continues to make me fall in love with him. I am so glad to have him as my husband. It didn't hurt that he said (and I quote) "my wife is a perfect mother and wife." I told him today that I'm sorry I've sentenced him to a lifetime of proving how much he loves me . . . sorry for him, that is - not for me - I'm the beneficiary!
ANYWAY - on to the reason for the post - I wanted to list the top 10 reasons I love my own mother and my mother-in-law . . . so here goes:
{Photo taken June 2005 - Grandma Meryl Lynn and Emery}
Top 10 reasons why I love my mom:
10. She packed and unpacked for camping (countless times) - without me ever hearing her complain! 
9.  She taught me how to sew.
8. I grew up with bottled garlic-dill pickles, green beans and peaches.
7. She absolutely loves my children.
6. She makes it a priority to come visit.
5. She is being a good example to my kids by serving a mission.
4. She's been known to give up her master room for visitors (we've benefited a couple times).
3. She never deprived me of Twinkies.
2. She was there when I miscarried, right by my side with love, faith and prayers.
1. She has always given me a safe place to live, to express my feelings, to learn, to grow and to feel the Savior's love.

{Photo taken August 2007 - Grandma Dorothy and Aidan}
Top 10 reasons why I love my Mother-in-law:
10. She raised a group of 8 fabulous kids - who are happy, humorous and full of life.
9. She loves to be surrounded by her kids and grandkids.
8. She never forgets to send birthday cards.
7. Did I mention she gave birth EIGHT times?
6. One time I was home (in Utah) without Dan and she gave up her own room for me and the kids.
5. She took Harrison (when he was 19 months) with her (by herself) on a flight from Vermont to Utah so I could take my own flight with just my newborn Emery.
4. She is - and always has been a hard worker.
3. She has always made me feel like a worthy daughter-in-law. 
2. She came up here for a few weeks before and after Aidan's birth and was a HUGE help to me.
1. She raised my husband - an amazing man who loves and respects women - who treats his wife better than she could ever deserve!

2 comments:

Teri said...

You are so good! Hope your Mother's Day was as great as mine...but when you are with your kids, how could it not be!

Love ya!

The Weston's said...

ahh- this is nice :)