Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Which David?


For me . . . it's David Cook 100%!!!

I was not at all into American Idol this season, in fact, I didn't watch at all until the week Neil Diamond mentored - call me crazy, but who can resist N.D.? Anyway - my little sister Taisley is a big fan of AI and had been telling me that two of the contestants were LDS - and not until the night I watched did I get into it. I loved Brook White - she's just so cute! And if I'm being honest, (as Simon would say) I did not like Archuleta that first night. My little sister had also told me that he was from Murray (where she lives) but that never clicked either . . . you've gotta check out her blog cuz she's got photos of the mania when he went home . . . anyway - on to MY story. I LOVED David Cook from the first time I tuned in this season. He's so . . . bad boy/good boy! Everything rock but so humble and genuine. PLUS - his voice - SO mesmerizing! Every song he has had to perform . . . he's made sound like it was meant for him and his style - kinda hard to do with some of the cheese they poured in front of him . . . but he totally took each challenge and I have to say - he's my FAVORITE Idol contestant EVER - I think I've only voted for one other in AI history and that's Carrie Underwood. So last night as I'm watching the DVR of AI - I was calling in the votes the whole time - ALL FOR COOK. Granted - Archuleta is AMAZING - my view of him has turned completely around from my first glimpse of him - but he's young - mellow - going to have a great career anyway . . . I just think David Cook should have the AI title!

My only regret is that I missed the whole Andrew Lloyd Weber week - that's what YouTube is for, right? Those performances are fabulous - and Cook as the Phantom ? ? ? Hot.

5 comments:

Dave and Holly said...

I too want Cook to win, but Dave doesn't agree with me. I have a feeling though that Archuleta will take the title. So much for "rockers" ever winning American Idol!

Anonymous said...

Should I even bother coming home tonight, or what!

Rachel said...

I love that your husband reads your blog. I don't think Scott even knows I HAVE a blog - or doesn't care! And even though I'm from UT, I really don't care for David A - something about him just rubs me wrong. But I think he will win it.

The Weston's said...

blast you! I was totally shocked- and sad-but it's silly to be sad because they will both make it big- :) I am a little bugged though, i couldn't even votE!

Run-alyn said...

COOK COOK COOK

oh.. I saw the name of your blog for today on my RSS feed.. and I could NOT wait for my page to load.. i was so excited I found another AI fan.. it's like I'm in my own world when I talk about it to people that do not watch it... I may just have to add your sister to my blog roll, we are turning out to have quite a few things in common :)

I love Cook from the beginnig.. and Tonya.. my finger hurts from the texting i did the night before.. from all 3 cell phones.. I had my son helping me.. !!! we were voting like crazy cause Simon made it sound like Archuleta was gonna take it all home!!! As much as I adored little ARchuleta.. I think Cook deserved this title!!!!

I cried.. when he won last night.. and I even ditched dinner with hubby on our anniversary.. cause I could not wait to see who won.. I did not want to read about it on msnbc when I got home.. I wanted to see it LIVE..

Cook got me with his very first.. hum.. he did not have to do anything.. HIs songs were just perfect.. I even bought a few of the song's he performed.. one of my fave's is when he sang Billy Jean by Michael Jackson.. Ugh... I love listening to it..

Phew..okay I got that out of my chest.. now I can move on! :)

Talk soon.. or maybe I will bug you on a Tuesday night at the Scrapbook STore.. good idea on that alone time once a week :) But seriously.. sorry if we were bothering you though :)