Saturday, June 14, 2008

Anniversary Fun


So this year I planned our anniversary events. It was all a surprise to Dan. We drove down to Girdwood and ate dinner at the Double Musky - it was really good food!!! They had the most amazing mashed sweet potatoes. They must have had some pumpkin pie spice in them because it tasted very cinnamon-y and pumpkin-y. I could have eaten those alone. 

After dinner we drove back toward Anchorage but stopped along the way to eat Dan's favorite dessert I'd stashed away {peanut butter pie from Glacier Brewhouse} and watch a movie in the car. I also gave Dan a book I had made on Shutterfly.

It's a little 8x8 hard bound book with photos of our first 10 years. I spent a week and a half on this little baby! While Dan was gone for an entire week prior to our anniversary week, I started collecting the photos - and scanning negatives really took it's toll on my time. But I got it all done without him knowing - and we both love it. Great little coffee table book - now all we need is the coffee table!

So it was a fabulous anniversary. Now - don't all start asking what he got me for the occasion! The book wasn't Dan's "real" gift - we had decided a while back that on this, the tenth anniversary, we'd get my wedding ring changed from yellow to white gold - so while we're in Utah we're going to get that taken care of. And Dan got a season golfing pass that he's been enjoying already - you gotta use it ALL summer! So those are our "official" gifts - but I did the book just as much for me as for him. It's fun to see all the changes over our marriage . . . we've half seriously said we're going to Paris for our 15th - so we'll keep you updated!

No comments: