Thursday, June 5, 2008

Perception is a strange thing


So I was walking past some store windows today and thought - hmmm - not too bad, I guess. It's funny how body image is ALWAYS and forever skewed. When I was at my highest weight, I didn't believe it . . . now that I'm at my current weight, I don't believe it. At least we don't believe what we look like. We have such a strange sense of body image. We are never truly honest with ourselves, and I don't think we can be.


But it's all about our own perspective, right? 7 years ago I would have died for my current lbs on the scale . . . but right now, I'm just dying for what I had when I was in my size "2" pants. (Or what I didn't have that is!)


So we have gone and purchased tickets to Hawaii. Thanks to our good friends the Barbachanos, out of nowhere, we decided to take a grown-up vacation without the kids. We're so excited to go with them and enjoy the sun, warmth, friendship, rest, relaxation . . . oh, and the public venues dressed in bathing suits!


Now, we have until November . . . but am I really going to put down the "Grasshopper" cookies and Peanutbutter M&M's enough to take me back down to that size "2" pant? Probably not. I'm just not as motivated right now. I'm am within the weight range set by WW right now, so I can't complain, but . . . but . . . but . . . I probably will. Isn't that what having a distorted body image is all about???

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you read my last post??? I think we are on the same page regarding this issue!

Good for you for planning a Hawaii trip. We have friends that want to go on a cruise with us next spring. FUN!

The Weston's said...

HAwaii?? ? ?~@#$%@#$%@#$^
TAke us with you! oh yeah- you said NO kids :)
How fun! we are happy for you guys

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to bulk up for the trip. Being skinny is over rated. The cannonball is just not the same - you got to be heavy to do it right.