Sunday, June 1, 2008

"The Easter Bunny Is Angry!"



I know, I know . . . I already posted today - but this is so worth a second post today!!! Let me back up to Easter Morning when Jack (who was 2 & 1/2) was looking for his binkie - with no success. The Easter Bunny must have seized the opportunity . . . so we figured he took the binkie because Jack is now a big boy - and gave it to another baby who needed it. And the candy he left would soften the blow. Well, no amount of candy could have made up for it - he's had a chip on his shoulder ever since! Any time he thinks about his binkie he brings up the Easter Bunny and has made comments about this little furry animal not being on his list of favorite people, er beings - whatever. Well, this morning as we're scurrying to get ready for church - I tell him to go find a couple of his animals to take in the shower with him. After a few minutes he returned sans clothes, diaper and animals. I asked where the animals were. "The Easter Bunny took them. The Easter Bunny is angry." 

Heee Heee Hee!

Oh man . . . I just hope that someday he can forgive the Easter Bunny and realize all the great things he has done - like set limits so kids can grow up to be normal functioning, binkie-less adults!!! We found the animals and he took a shower happy as can be - When I asked him later how he felt about the Easter Bunny, he just said, "The Easter Bunny took my binkie."

{Photo and incident June 1, 2008}

1 comment:

The Weston's said...

i so didn't know that you did this! he he** that is so funny! I can't wait to see him and BEntley together!