Monday, June 2, 2008

Recent Dating Experiences

You'd think that with my 10th anniversary coming up so soon, I wouldn't be going out with other people, but the truth is, I have. The good news is that it's been with our kids. We try to take them one-on-one as much as we can, and I realized we've been doing more with the older kids - and much of mommy's home time gets spent on Aidan . . . I've just felt Jack has been a bit neglected. So we went out recently - just Jack and mommy. We went out for ice cream - which is always a hit with this little man. He got the messiest, most colorful ice cream possible - and added jelly beans to it. He walked into Baskin Robins one cute kiddo and walked out one huge ball of sticky mess. We then went over to the scrapbook store {I know, sticky + expensive paper = trauma} but he was pretty good for a while, oddly enough he loves going there - the ladies, I guess - then we went shopping. And although I regretted not going to a movie or something else - it showed me that all he wants {all ANY kids want} is time and attention. Jackson is such a sweet little guy - and I absolutely love this age. (yes, I did say love this age!) Because right along with my frustrations run even more moments of awe and humor. He's coming up with things that shock us and crack us up! He's so busy, which is good and bad - but I tell ya' - this kiddos extra-special. I love being able to talk one-on-one . . . which usually ends up being him talking my ear off - but when we're all by ourselves, that's what it's for!!!

1 comment:

The Weston's said...

ahh- that's sweet- we have a hard time with one-on-one time around here too- 28 more days!!!