Friday, June 13, 2008

Another Purpose ~ Another Perfect Bag

So I have found yet another perfect bag to use for a very different reason than its original intent. I have been stubbornly using an old, ugly fabric USU tote bag to go to the temple. {For those who aren't LDS - we dress in all white at the temple and the clothing necessitates a bag, but not just an old plastic shopping bag - } I never wanted to buy a bag until I found just the right one. Well, not too long ago, I'm walking through Burlington Coat Factory and happened upon the diaper bag section. (*NOTE: this is in no way shape or form some kind of announcement - conscious or subconscious!!) I saw the cute fabric and thought - oh well, I don't know anyone having a girl anytime soon. But then it dawned on me {after JUST walking through the luggage department looking for the perfect temple bag} that I could stretch the horizons and just see if it would work! So as I open the bag, I notice the second smaller bag tucked inside, along with a changing pad, portable wipes container and other accessories. And as I'm pulling stuff out, I realize that taking out all the bells and whistles makes it a perfect bag for what I need. I love it! Yes - I did remove the Graco brand label after bringing it home. No need for everyone to know I'm using a diaper bag to hold my white dress. (Just everyone who reads my blog, I guess!) I still haven't decided what to do with the smaller bag since I already have the perfect diaper bag (see my earlier post about that!) But the changing pad and other accessories can be put to good use.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very cute! I don't have a bag I like for my temple clothes - I've been using the same one for YEARS and it gets the job done, but I would like to find a new cute one too. I think you've inspired me to start looking for one!

Maybe you could give the smaller one to Emery. If she is like my girls, they have to have a purse/bag to carry everything!