Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Change of intentions:

I absolutely love when I find something that is intended for one thing and in fact - it is PERFECT for something else. This is an adorable knitting bag from Michael's by Knitpickers. {15" x 6" x 9"} A couple of my scrapping friends both have it to carry back & forth supplies for cropping. And when I saw it - I knew I HAD to have it! I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect bag for the perfect purpose.

So what I LOVE most about this bag is that it is now my purse and/or diaper bag. You get to a point when your diaper bag is just too big - all those things you "needed" when the baby was new just aren't necessities anymore - all I need is a clean diaper and wipes (and maybe a couple of those nuclear waste bags!). So the two pockets on the front fit the two different size diapers I need. On the inside there is a zipper pocket - perfect for those nuclear waste bags - but for me, there's just little powder scented bags. There are also two big pockets on the inside. One of them holds my portable wipes container perfectly and the other holds my wallet and phone. Hmmmmmm then there's the entire bag for space - my thin calendar/planner looks kinda lonely in there. I sometimes don't know what else to put in it. On Sundays it's my church bag and holds everything I need for entertaining kids through Sacrament meeting as well as whatever I need for my primary lessons. Plus it's just so stinkin' cute! The colors are kinda washed out in this picture - but it's a dark apple green and chocolate. There's a brand tag on the back side that I simply took off with my thread picker.

So if you're in the market for a new bag - don't limit yourself to the purse section at the department store - you never know where you'll find the perfect bag!!!

No comments: