Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ten Years Today

Sometimes I really can't believe it's been a decade! And at the risk of sounding cliche, there's no one I'd rather have spent these last ten years with than this man. He is amazing and I am more in love with him now than ever! {Another cliche!!! Sorry}

So when we were taking our engagement photos I was so opposed to this shot. I thought it was ridiculous and juvenile for me to be up in a tree. I was all about tradition and proper announcements. But they talked me into it with the logic that we only needed one photo for the announcements - and that taking some fun shots was OK. Well - when we got them back, there really were quite a few great photos - but we both just loved how this one turned out. It's more us - and I have always loved our choice. I know people who laugh at their announcements or who are embarrassed by them. Not me - I love them just as much today as the day we saw the finished product! Not only do I smile at the photo - but our choice of words makes me laugh too. 

"Tonya and Daniel
are ecstatic about
getting married
in the Logan LDS temple
on 12 June 1998
to the relief
of their parents
Robert and Meryl Lynn Forsberg
and
Steven Kent and Dorothy Kent
We invite you to celebrate with us"

Yep - it's been a fun 10 years - and I am thankful for Dan and his humor and love for life that balances me out. I need him. So - here's to the next 10 years - can't wait to see where it all takes us!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahhhh, congratulations! 10 years is a big milestone. Hope you do something fun!

Teri said...

I can't believe it! Can you believe how fast it goes? Dan and I didn't do anything special for our anniversary except spend time together. Congratulations on ten years! Whoo hoo!